Editing Woes

I have spent almost the entire weekend editing and can no longer stand my own project. What better way to relieve stress than rant about it on my blog! While I have taken breaks to do human things like eat and sleep and even my visit uncle, I have spent way too much time watching the same clips on my computer and am a bit burnt out.

The first major task I faced was finding the right sound. Ben and I looked through several free music websites during class, and found a few sounds we liked but finding the perfect music or sting for every part of the opening is a much more daunting task than I imagined. Luckily, I have found almost everything I need on freesound.org which is a website I highly recommend as it offers free user-submitted sounds ranging from brushing your teeth, to alien invasions. The only difficult part is translating a tune in my head into a search query for a sound I can use. After spending a lot of time on freesound however, I believe I picked the right music and stings for our opening and am excited to share them soon.

As we speak, or as I'm writing this I guess, my film opening, "Wiped Out" is 2 minutes and 20 seconds long. In other words, its over time and I now face the task of cutting out 20 more seconds which trust me is an ETERNITY when it comes to editing. I have already cut out a few seconds by shortening a few scenes, and am currently looking for interesting ways to speed some scenes up and trim out the fat.

Until tomorrow comrades, wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titles and Goodbyes

Final Filming

Researching Genre