The Awakening

Hello! My name is Andrew Briceno. This blog will be the home for everything related to the film opening that I will be creating with my partner, Ben Eiglarsh. Today in class Ben and I viewed a few examples of film openings that students have created in the past and are very excited to awaken our minds in search of a great idea.

By watching the samples, I noticed that I enjoyed the film openings which strive to create a sense of mystery and allude to an upcoming conflict. I believe that when done right, film openings that create a sense of mystery and allude to conflict can grab the viewer's attention, and encourage them to watch the entire film in search of answers. Although we will solely be creating the opening of a film for this project, I believe that we can create a scene that creates an engaging sense of mystery and leaves viewers wanting more information.

 Two great examples of film openings which accomplish this task are The Wachowski's The Matrix (1999) and Steven Spielberg's Jaws (1975). While in different ways, both of these examples create a tangible sense of mystery and hint at conflict within the film. Throughout this project, I hope to create an enjoyable opening filled with technique as these examples.

Stay tuned as Ben and I continue to brainstorm, as I'll keep you guys updated with our progress.

"The Matrix Opening Scene HDYouTube. YouTube, 1 May 2012. Web. 7 Mar. 2017. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIXNpePYzZU>.


"Chrissie's Last Swim - Jaws (1/10) Movie CLIP (1975) HDYouTube. YouTube, 27 May 2011. Web. 7 Mar. 2017. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrEvK-tv5OI>.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Filming

Researching Genre

Titles and Goodbyes